Editor Spotlight: Amy Li

Selina Zhang, Editor-in-Chief

It’s no lie to say that Jinyue (Amy) Li is a backbone of the journalism team. If there’s an issue with the digital cameras, an inquiry about fundraising, or an image that needs editing, Amy has the answers. 

As part of the Class of ‘23, Amy is a graduating senior. As we inch closer to the big day, a great deal of introspection has made its way into her life as she recalls her experiences in her high school career. “My favorite memory in high school was probably messing around with my friends everyday in Econ class,”she says, “Too many times, I was trying so hard not to laugh and disrupt the class too much,”. A sentiment that many seniors surely share, Amy admits that she wished she took easier courses and got better grades, rather than taking on hard AP classes that dragged her GPA down. 

“Enjoy every moment you have with your friends and loved ones because these four years will fly by very quickly.” Amy encourages underclassmen. 

Amy currently serves as the Aztec Newspaper’s Co-Opinion Editor and Photo Editor. Aside from editing stories and processing photos taken by staff writers, Amy is always out and about, interviewing staff and students throughout the campus. Amy notes, “I liked taking pictures of school events, especially the school rallies, because it gave me motivation to participate in them.”

Amy joined the journalism class in junior year with no particular intent in mind, but eventually enjoyed performing the duties entrusted to that of a staff writer. She liked teaching other students photography and reading what people had to say about different topics. One piece of advice she has to offer for the next class of journalism students is to talk to people out in hallways and get the opinion of the general populace, rather than just the people you know.

Amy will be attending Cal State Pomona in the fall as an education major. “I’m relieved to graduate and finally have a relaxing time before the stress of college crushes me.”