The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

iPhone 15: Same Phone, Different Name?

With the announcement of the latest iPhone 15, users have begun to speculate, “Will this just be another cash grab, or will the new model be of technology advanced enough to grab the public’s attention?” 

Apple products are notoriously known for announcing newer models, yet every “new” model retains the classic iPhone interface with some minor tweaks, in contrast to Android producing new and creative designs consistently. With customers soon gathering around to flock to the closest Apple store, what can we expect of this new model on the 15th of September?

Forbes and CNN revealed that the iPhone 15 will have a boost in charging speeds, with the threshold being 37W compared to the standard 27W that older models have. Moreover, a new charging port is to be introduced, replacing the familiar lightning connector with the more universal USB-C, allowing Apple users to utilize a single charger across a multitude of devices. This is one of the bigger upgrades that Apple has released since the announcement of the iPhone X and its removal of the home button. 

As of now, little is known about the iPhone 15, other than the charging port upgrade and increased wattage. Nonetheless, loyal Apple users can’t wait to get their hands on the latest installment of the Apple family. With excitement in the air and $799 to spare, the world awaits a new generation of iPhone once more.