The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

Apple’s Latest: the Apple Vision Pro

On February 2, 2024, Apple released one of its most significant inventions, the Apple Vision Pro, a mixed-reality headset. This spatial computer blends the digital world with the physical world and allows users to stay present and connected with others at all times with its various technological capabilities.

At a starting price of $3,499, this new visionOS features a three-dimensional interface that allows a side-by-side application display, operated via eye, hand, and voice. This feature allows users to interact with different applications as if they were inside the screen, immersing them in a virtual environment. With the two ultra-high-resolution-display, it provides a 100-foot-wide field of view and contains an advanced Spatial Audio System, creating an immersive experience for users during activities such as FaceTime calls, gaming, movie watching, and many more.

However, this device has also sparked controversy from the public. Many users were dissatisfied, saying that similar devices such as the Meta Quest 2 and 3 have similar functions to the Vision Pro at a lower price. Other users also mention that the device has inconsistent hand tracking as well as a lack of common VR features. This is reflected through the device’s average 2.8-star rating on Google, indicating mixed reviews among users.