The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

DJ Khaled: From Rags to Riches

“Life is Roblox” is an inspirational quote by my king, DJ Khaled. Who has the best music? “We the best music”, is his iconic producer tag that’s known to be in every one of his songs that he made himself. He is known to be one of our generation’s biggest inspirations, but who knows if he really is. His birth name, Khaled Mohammed Khaled, is barely known since he seems to be purely perceived on a surface level. Straight from New Orleans, Louisiana, the son of Palestinian immigrants, modest beginnings are the start to the rise of his reputation. Once he learned of his passion for music, his deejaying journey began.

He jumpstarted his career by working as a radio host on the station “99 Jamz” in the ‘90s. He then progressed to work with hip hop collective, “Terror Squad”. He gained production credits and started moving up in the music empire. From rags to riches, Dj Khaled is the name behind these absolutely top notch, iconic songs like “I’m On One” featuring Drake, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne. He also released “Wild Thoughts” featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, and not to mention the Gold and Platinum record we all know and love, “All I do Is Win” featuring T-pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and Rick Ross. Now, everyone gets their inspiration from somewhere, so what stood out to Dj Khaled to inspire him? “The young kids, they’re the geniuses,” a quote that appeared in PEOPLE magazine. “They’re the future. So I always go to the younger generation for inspiration from fashion, style, and even music”. It is amazing to think that Dj Khaled is not only an inspiration to us, but we are also an inspiration to him.

Well, not only is he heartening to myself and all his fans,  he is quite the flexer. Along with his irrefutable music which are a flex on their own , he regularly reminds us of how well he is doing in life. His wise words, flaunting his chandelier-like jewelry, his asparagus green-colored luxury clothing, his impeccable taste of seafood, and his amazing talent for golfing are all the reasons I tell myself that I want to live like this. Just like a king.

“God did”-DJ Khaled