The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

Back to School night

Parents POV
Photo by Jesua Flores

Parents who were interviewed during the Back to School Night event claim to be satisfied about sending their children to MKHS.
The MKHS Aztec News interviewed the parents about how they feel towards sending their child to Mark Keppel. “Happy” or “so far so good” seems to be the general answer. Guardians of (freshman) Janice Chiang is “happy that she is here…so far it’s good, the teachers seem really great”.
Another response, from the father of Rayden Woo, senior, expressed that he feels “great” seeing that his wife is a Keppel alumni. With background knowledge on what Mark Keppel is, he mentioned his concern for the lack of funding’s the school is receiving compared to other school districts in the area. Rayden Woo’s father states, “The way my wife says it is, I think the funding lacks a little bit [compared] to other districts…I heard they cut down a few classes because there is no funding for it. If you don’t have funding then how can you teach and provide opportunities?”
Considering their responses, parents of the 2027 class, are new to the midst of discovering the environment of the school, including their feelings on the work. it. As for more experienced students or families, funding has been an issue and made known to parents who are now expressing their concerns. However, based on the responses of parents, MKHS has provided a satisfactory place that can provide sufficient education to their children.