The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

Drake album, POSTPONED

Fresh off his collaborative album with 21 Savage, Her Loss, Drake teased fans with a potential 8th album, “I hope I can strike up some more emotions for you — maybe this year, I might get bored and make another one, who knows?” A few months later, Drake officially announced For All the Dogs just hours after announcing the release of his first poetry book, “Titles Ruin Everything: A Stream of Consciousness.”

He officially announced his next album on his website, titlesruineverything.com. The website consists of just one page that reads: “I made an album to go with the book. They say they miss the old Drake girl don’t tempt me. FOR ALL THE DOGS.”

Initially set to release on September 22, 2023, the Canadian rapper and singer, announced via Instagram Story that he will be delaying his album to October 6, 2023 due to his tour “It’s All a Blur.”

“Okay my dilemma I am faced with is either cancel shows to finish the album or I complete the mission and drop the album before the last show,” Drake wrote in his message to fans. “For All the Dogs October 6th it’s only right,” he concluded.

Although we did not get the album this week, he did, however, drop a new single titled “Slime You Out” featuring American singer-songwriter, SZA. To no surprise. the song reached #1 on both the US and international daily Apple Music Charts on its opening weekend. With about 2.16 million streams, it also reached the top spot on US Spotify and as of September 25, it is currently the #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100.