The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

Halloween Horror Lines?

Photo by Catalina Kennedy

Amid rumors that Universal Studios oversold their popular Halloween event, “Halloween Horror Nights,” it appears that most people were scared not by the horrifying setups, but instead by the wait times just to get into the mazes. On average, mazes during the height of the event would range from around 45 minutes to 140 at the highest.

Some of their most popular mazes this year, “Stranger Things 4,” based on the most recent season of the hit show, and “The Last of Us” which replicated the horror game setup, were closed several times throughout the night due to long lines. Those who bought the general admission ticket were only able to hit a few mazes during the eight hour long event if they didn’t pay the extra expense for an express pass. 

“My experience with Universal studio’s Halloween horror nights was fantastic,” Monalis Sukson, a Keppel Junior, recounts. “I think this year’s mazes are so much better than last year’s mazes. The mazes are super fun and scary and overall I feel like it was super worth it. I definitely recommend it.”

Many wouldn’t be too aggrieved by the large turnout citing the decadent sets as something to look forward to. After speaking with people at the event the general consensus is that despite the terror of the languishing lines, if a game plan is set in motion then there will be more scares in the mazes instead of outside. 

Photos by Catalina Kennedy