The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

“It” Couple Potential: Taylor and Travis

American pop and country music singer-songwriter, Taylor Swift, just had her comeback for her world tour called The Eras Tour. Swift performs 44 songs per concert, along with two surprise songs. Swift recently performed in Argentina, in which famous Kansas City Chiefs football star, Travis Kelce, made an appearance at the show. Fans started screaming over his appearance as the news blasted onto social media, shocking fans worldwide. The couple has not formally spoken up about their relationship status, but fans of both Swift and Kelce seem to speculate about the couple. Kelce, who also has a podcast titled New Heights, mentions things that have happened between him and Swift. Fans start to question the supposed couple; Kelce’s brother, Jason Kelce, does a favor and asks questions that fans want to know. 

The paparazzi and fans later discovered Swift’s appearance at one of the  Kansas City Chiefs games. Swift’s attendance at the game confirmed answers for the audience. She was seen with Kelce’s mom with a smile plastered across her face. Swift has also attended other games of Kelce’s with star couple Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. The four seem to have a close relationship as Reynolds uploaded a photoshopped picture of the two men portraying Swift and Lively on his Instagram story.

Taylor Swift fans, also known as Swifties have speculated and are rooting for the couple. They even have made theories about Swift’s love life assuming Kelce is “the one”. Swift has always believed the universe sends signs while growing as a star. Her lucky number being thirteen gets fans eager for Kelce as he’s her 13th boyfriend. Swift mentions in an interview how and why her lucky number is thirteen and it meant a lot to her as to becoming the star she is today. Although the couple has been spotted together, they haven’t verbally released news of their relationship and the fans want to know: are Taylor and Travis the new American couple?