The Student News Site of Mark Keppel High School

The Aztec

The Aztec

The Aztec

Magnetic Beats: Illit

Through months of practice, ILLIT officially debuted with their magical, pony-like album, Super Real Me.” “Super Real Me is ILLIT’S first mini album, which was released on March 25 consisting of four songs. of four songs. With “Magnetic” serving as the lead single, the four following are “My World,” “Midnight Fiction,” and “Lucky Girl Syndrome.”

ILLIT is a five-member group that was formed through the JTBC reality show “R U Next,” and made their grand entrance to the music world on March 25. Consisting of Hokazono Iroha, Park Minju, Lee Wonhee, Noh Yunah, and Sakai Moka, this incredible group performed incredibly well, leading to fans calling them the new “It Girl Group” of K-pop. “I will be it” is the significant meaning behind the group name, serving as a reminder for the members that they are unique and one out of all. 

“Magnetic” sets as the lead song with a very catchy and earwormy beat. The song produces a magical rhythm, allowing the members to display their sweet voices. As to the meaning of the song, it expresses the feeling of a young girl being attracted to the person she likes. The highlight of the song is its dancing, which is charming while including delightful hand movements. Despite the song itself, fans commented that the music video was boring and plain because it did not match the high energy of the song. 

Moving on after “Magnetic” is yet again, another catchy song, “My World.” Much like what the title suggests, the members are taking the listeners into their world. With the melody of the song featuring drums, it also manages to showcase the members’ incredible dancing. The song fully demonstrates the ideal of the album, showing their real self to everyone. While listening to the song, it feels like the members are giving you an invitation to venture with them in their lives. Aside from other songs, this one is the most liked song from the preview before the full song was released. If you crave a lovely relationship, this song is the best to make up for the lack of your significant other. 

Following “My World,” is the song “Midnight Fiction.” This song has a very slow and chill rhythm with a calming effect. The members are fully able to display their unique voices with this song with a new vibe being introduced to the listeners. The lyrics are the reflection of the members’ imagination, where they dream about things that can’t happen in real life. As fans listen to this song, it calms them down and creates imaginations of things they want to do. “Midnight Fiction” is the perfect song to listen to at night when you want to experience something magical. 

The last song in the album is, “Lucky Girl Syndrome.” Compared to all the other songs, it is more of a girl crush style, focusing on believing in luck and positivity.  In this song, members are able to showcase their talents with their unique facial expressions during dancing. Therefore, fans are impressed with the song and would prefer this as the title track of the album. This song would be great to listen to when you don’t have confidence in yourself, it would suggest you be happy and trust yourself. 

“The song “Magnetic” was great! It’s so sweet and each member looks so cute,” Sophia Lam, a junior at Mark Keppel, states her opinion. 

From the start of the album, its goal is to tell the audience to be confident and be yourself. The minute you listen to any of the songs, it will catch your attention and make you want to listen more. On the way to school or any time you are feeling stressed, listen to the songs and it will brighten your day.